Turntable Hum

Any help appreciated!

Low pitched hum coming from TT input ...even when TT is not running . Hum is noticeable at about 1/4 volume & really bad at 50%

Manley Monoblock Snappers

VPI Scout w Hana MC cart right next to amp on table (moved TT away from amp to floor made 0 difference)

Allnic 1202 Phonostage grounded to VPI TT (on floor below JBL speakers & main speakers right to the left Tekton Encores)

Manley Jumbo Shrimp Preamp

Klark Teknik 32 band EQ

All cables (interconnects) recently replaced - Mogami

I tried ground lifting the TT motor - no change

unplugged tv & nearby laptop - no change

unplugged all lights nearby - no change

I suppose my next troubleshooting venture is to run a ground from phonostage to everywhere & start touching things? Phonostage seems to be the culprit....

😕

Thanks everyone!

128x128tommypenngotti

Just throwing something out there. Could the phono cables not be shielded? Maybe try a different brand/model of cable and see if the noise changes any or goes away. 

I have a similar problem with my Mayajima cartridge, but not the Koetsu. Turns out that the Mayajima requires a step-up transformer for isolation as well as amplification.

May not work for you, but ...

Dear @tommypenngotti  :  As almos a " rule " any audio system needs to be grounded at only one place using a true system's dedicated  ground/earth conection. In my system that point is my phonolinepreamp.

If after that problem persist then one of the tube electronics power supply is out of specs .

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,

R.

@millercarbon tried different outlet on phonostage & preamp , no change ...

could the power cables for any of my units be malfunctioning causing this? I could swap...

@rauliruegas Turntable & phonostage are grounded 

@aberyclark tried different RCAs from TT to Phonostage , no change...

Power cords themselves won't cause this except that they are the path to ground. So lifting the ground on one or both is another test. Use a cheater plug to test this. Then if that doesn't work I would try the Allnic somewhere else, another system, anything at all just to rule it out. 

Solving puzzles over the internet is a PITA because things that would be freaking obvious in person come in dribs and drabs online. Like I just noticed you said "high buzzing comes from the right side of the turntable." What are you talking about? Please be careful to discern between mechanical vibrations you hear emanating from the physical device itself and hum or other noise that is in the electrical signal and so is only heard coming from the speakers.