Splitter on gpa 555!pre amp output

I have had two bridged Adcom gfa 555s since 1989 into 4 speakers. Is it safe to buy a one into two splitter for the left and right outputs on my pre-amp so I could run each amp independently for each pair of speakers?

ramm440

I am trying to play all 4 at the same time using both GFA 555s. I have been running them in mono and wired as per the manual states. I am trying to run them both amps independently in stereo using the GFP 555 and remove the GFS-3 speaker selector. The way it has been set up is not the best I understand. Please give me your thoughts so I do not cause damage. 
Thank you

If you want to play all 4 speakers simultaneously, run both amps independently in stereo and remove the GFS-3 speaker selector is the best approach.

By the way, your GFP555 has two sets of output - Main and Bypass. It is safe to connect one GFA555 to Main input and the other one to Bypass input, OR you can connect both GFA555 to either input via a splitter.

Hope this helps.

Thank you this helps tremendously. Now I am trying to remember about the 2 Polk SDA 2Bs. I think the hifi store I bought them from sold me a different interconnect cable that connects the two speaker to each other after I bought the second amp. I am not sure but think the interconnect cable for running two mono amps has a box on one end. Would you happen to have knowledge of this also?   Called Polk but not any help….30 years very hard  for me to remember!! Any help is greatly appreciated.

So I removed the inner connector cable and it has a box on one end saying

“polk Audio SDA Non-Common Ground Amplifier Interface”

Does anyone know if because I had two GFA 555s bridged it causes a need for a non common ground cable?

Thanks

Does anyone know if because I had two GFA 555s bridged it causes a need for a non common ground cable?

Yes, If you use the original interconnect cable to connect both Polk SDA 2B together while using two bridged GFA 555 to power the speakers, it may damage your amplifiers! That's why you need the SDA Non-Common Ground Amplifier Interface.

If you using only one GFA 555 in stereo to power both speakers, it is safe to use the original interconnect cable.