Why are there so few BNC cables to choose from

And is there a big difference between them?

I need a BNC cable from my external dac to my intetgrated to bypass the internal dac. There are some high dollar cables out there, but are they that much better than the commercial grade cables I used when I did productions back in the day?  Currently I’m using an AQ, rca digital cable with BNC adapters, but I’m told the adapters mess with the highs and that I need to ditch them.

Over the holidays I chatted with someone at Morrow Audio about BNC cables and they told me to go to Amazon!

Thank you and Happy new year 🎊 

128x128curiousjim

On the suggestion of @nealkot ​​@fiesta75 , I just ordered a Nordost, Silver Shadow from a vendor here on Agon. Hopefully it gets here in good time.

Thanks for the lead.

JD

Thanks @tonywinga,

I just say your reply and did indeed order the Nordost Silver Shadow cable.

All the best.

JD

@curiousjim, congrats! Glad you got it sorted. I replaced a 110 ohm Shunyata Delta with the Nordost BNC so I haven’t compared it to other BNC cables….I can say that all my other cables are Transparent and the Nordost is still in. It’s a well made cable and it makes a very solid connection. Enjoy the cable….and the journey….

Best,

Neal

I would think a lot of it has to do with the fact that BNC connections haven’t been widely adopted by the manufacturers, therefore not a huge market for cables.