Why are there so few BNC cables to choose from

And is there a big difference between them?

I need a BNC cable from my external dac to my intetgrated to bypass the internal dac. There are some high dollar cables out there, but are they that much better than the commercial grade cables I used when I did productions back in the day?  Currently I’m using an AQ, rca digital cable with BNC adapters, but I’m told the adapters mess with the highs and that I need to ditch them.

Over the holidays I chatted with someone at Morrow Audio about BNC cables and they told me to go to Amazon!

Thank you and Happy new year 🎊 

128x128curiousjim

Hey all,

I never said I couldn’t find any BNC cables. I asked two questions. Why don’t more high end cable companies sell them and with Morrow Audio telling me to go to Amazon, I was asking how much difference was there between “High End” BNC cables and the ones I have from a production I did?

If memory serves, they all came from Sweetwater.

Thanks.

JD

Why are there so few BNC cables to choose from

And is there a big difference between them?

@curiousjim 

the above is what you said, so a number of us responded

i typed in 'bnc digital audio cable' into google and about 50 options popped up, many from higher end cable shops or brands like nordost, dh labs, moon audio, art audio - reality is, bnc cables are just terminated differently than ones with rca ends, it is really no big deal, any shop that is selling cables they assemble in house can put on a bnc termination

is there a big difference between them? i say yes, if one's system is resolving -- but just like any other cabling, some will say none of it matters much

I have 3 BNC cables running from my CD Transport to my DAC.  I bought 3 Nordost Silver Shadow BNCs and found the sound is better than the standard $6 cables. Certainly not 10x better but since it was an improvement my nervosa would not let me return them.  

Post removed