Can I please borrow your collective brain power?

Sometime within the last year or two I purchased here a JAS Array 1,2 integrated tube amp.  The reasons I bought were both pretty common and silly:  Looked very cool, could be used as both an integrated and/or a stand-alone power amp, put out 45 watts of SET using the 805 as output tubes AND, most importantly, it weighed in at over 100 lbs.  

Because I had no component that weighed that much.

”The quality of Chinese takeout is based solely on its price-to-weight ratio”.  I applied this lived and learned life philosophy to this audio purchase.

Unfortunately, the delivery personnel didn’t take kindly to my decision and proceeded to cause it damage en-route.  After having what could be fixed repaired, and placing it into my system, I found the amp to put out glorious, 3D, musical sound.

And heat.  Los of heat.

And now to my question (finally):  The tubes used are as follows - one 12AX7, four 6922s, a pair of 300Bs as drivers and 805s as outputs.  If I’m using it as an integrated amp I’m sure all tubes are used in the circuit.  But if I’m bypassing the preamp and using it strictly as an amp, are all the tubes still being used?

I was guessing just the 300B and 805 was if used solely as an amp but am not sure as there is nothing anywhere providing this info.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, and have a Happy and Safe New Year.

Mamoru

128x128audiodwebe

Thanks, all.

I was curious.  Seemed a waste if they were unnecessary to have them in there.

I’ll leave them.

Cheers.

Don't think all are actually used, but I would certainly leave them in because that is how the amp was designed to operate. That is unless you know something the designer doesn't. 

Six (6) captchas in a row, BYE.

According to a review i read the preamplifier section is passive ( no tubes or preamplifier section ) so all the tubes are on the power amplifier section. 

JerryG above is right. These put out a lot of heat and all tubes are always in action.