Coincident Statement Line Stage vs Jadis JP80MC vs EAR 868PL vs Aesthetic Janus

I had another thread asking about different preamps. I then bought Coincident Statement Line Stage and ModWright LS100. Both of them are very good in its own right. The CSLS is very transparent and engaging. The Modwright has very good tone. After debating for a long time, I finally sold the Modwright. But that tone can’t leave my head. While the CSLS sounds excellent in my system right now, I always wonder if there is one preamp in the world that has quality of both CSLS and Modwright LS100, and that would be prefect.

After I sold the Modwright, I upgraded to better cables and power cords. I also upgraded to the Psvane WE101D, but unfortunately, one of the tube turns white in less than a month, and I am in the process of getting warranty replacement. I also upgraded to APL DAC. I feel I maximized what I can do trying to get the tone, but it is still not quite there yet, but very close to what I want. Therefore, I am trying to see what other options I have. Another challenge is that I listen to vinyl 20% of the time, and I feel my current MC phono preamp doesn’t match with the CSLS. So, instead of trying another phono preamp, I am wondering if I will get better synergy to find a preamp that also have a good MC phono built in. But I am opened to suggestion that doesn’t have phono.

I am interested in the following:

1) EAR Yoshino 868PL

2) Aesthetix Janus

3) Jadis JP80MC

Does any of these has the same level of transparency and as engaging as the CSLS, and on top of that, have the tonal density of Modwright Ls100?

thanks in advance.

gte357s

Sorry I missed the part about built in phono pre. Forget about it, you've got a supreme linestage, you'll be going backwards!

@sns @soix thanks for the reply.  At the time typing this reply, I just finished listening for 2 hrs with my digital rig.  I think the main determining factor is, am I satisfied with the digital rig now.  I think I am pretty satisfied.  The music is just flowing in the room.  It is very live like.  This is the strength of the CSLS and confirmed by many others in various posts.  So, my initial question is a very demanding one.  I want a preamp not just can match the CSLS in liveliness, but also added with tonal density, even with a great MC phono stage.  Even I feel I am too greedy in asking that, LoL.

@sns Actually, my friend suggested me to buy the Modwright ph9.  I also listen to it.  Similar to the LS100, it has quite heavy tonal density which seems to match well with the CSLS.  I am using an Allnic 1202, while it has excellent review, I feel it is missing the tonal density to match with the CSLS.  On the other hand, the 1202 match well with the Modwright LS100.  So, synergy is the key, I think.  I added a Schiit Loki mini+ EQ between the 1202 and CSLS and honestly, it sounds pretty good.  Maybe I don’t have the golden ear as my audiophile friends.  They make it sounds like a sin to use EQ in the system, LoL.

Can you share more on your thoughts on this Modwright PH9 + CSLS combo?  

BTW, other components in my modest vinyl rig are:

SOTA table

Denon DL-H5LC MC cart

SAEC 380 tone arm

Audio Note Kit interstage 300B monoblocks 

JBL 4341

BTW, my CSLS is upgraded to MK II.  

it seems this is a very common problem of the Psvane WE101D.  You are the second person I know experienced the same leaking problem besides the previous owner who sold the CSLS to me.  Before buying the Psvane, I email Israel inquiring about the LinLai, and he said the fail rate on LinLai is 80% … it seems the Psvane is not much better either.

BTW, I tried the ODAM capacitor in Musical Paradise DAC earlier.  I feel they are more dynamic, have punchier bass and faster speed than the Miflex KPAL aluminum foil capacitors.  

Seems to me Coincident not your issue in the least. You like your digital, analog your problem. While I've not heard Alnic, presume it on warmer, lower resolving side. 

BTW I have Modwright swp 9.0se, the ph9 is updated swp with separate power supply. My analog setup isn't up to digital in resolution, transparency. Running Techincs Sp10Mk II completely refurbished in custom plinth, Jelco TK850L with Denon 103R.

Don't know your cartridge, but I saw one review claiming it crude and unsophisticated. If this true, try another cartridge, I'm in similar position with analog and my top two cartridge replacements are Audio Technica ART-9xa and Lyra Delos, research those two, this alone could be satisfactory.

The failure rate on Linalai Elite comes from initial production, supposedly, they have reliability improved with latest iteration. Grant Fidelity has latest production. I'd  still go with the Elite solid plate, nice upgrade over Psvane.

So, if it were me, I'd do both Linlai and better cartridge. I don't think Alnic your problem. Coincident linestage is NOT the problem here. If you insist on selling I have buyer ready to go.

@sns 

So, if it were me, I'd do both Linlai and better cartridge. I don't think Alnic your problem. Coincident linestage is NOT the problem here. If you insist on selling I have buyer ready to go.

I am in agreement with this synopsis. OP your digital sound is terrific via your comments. Replacing the CSLS would be moving backwards. It possesses superb sonic purity and is a genuine upper tier line stage.

Best wishes 

Charles