Why are there so few BNC cables to choose from

And is there a big difference between them?

I need a BNC cable from my external dac to my intetgrated to bypass the internal dac. There are some high dollar cables out there, but are they that much better than the commercial grade cables I used when I did productions back in the day?  Currently I’m using an AQ, rca digital cable with BNC adapters, but I’m told the adapters mess with the highs and that I need to ditch them.

Over the holidays I chatted with someone at Morrow Audio about BNC cables and they told me to go to Amazon!

Thank you and Happy new year 🎊 

128x128curiousjim

I currently use the reasonably priced Nordost Silver Shadow between my Berkeley Alpha DAC and Alpha USB. A quick search turned up a couple of these in the used market for around $200. Might be worth checking out….

Thanks Neal,

What did you have in there before? Could you tell an immediate difference when you installed it?

All the best and happy new year.

JD

They’re not that popular yet, but if you are talking BNC, you already know the benefits. No on the adapters. Kimber Kable makes some cables with BNC connectors too. I prefer the sliver, +1 Nordost. I use BNC's for analog, they sound great.