Aqua 'La Diva' ($9k) or Gryphon 'Ethos' ($39k) versus. Pro-Ject CD Box RS2 T ($3k)?

What sensible rationale is there for buying either of the two above-mentioned VERY COSTLY CD spinners (Aqua ’La Diva,’ a CD-only transport, and the Gryphon ’Ethos,’ a CD player with built-in DAC) when we can get the same pure Red-Book CD digital output from the Pro-Ject CD Box RS2 T for FAR less money?

What is a potential buyer getting for their significantly increased expenditure other than fancy packaging and possibly a boost to their egos from ownership of a prestige brand-name item? The one component (and a crucially-significant one at that) which all three of these products have in common is the new Philips-based Stream Unlimited CD Pro 8 CD player mechanism. Aside than that, what one appears to get with the two far-higher-priced components is little more than pure window-dressing, not substantive gains in performance over the CD Box RS2 T.

It is little wonder that one reviewer of the RS2 T thinks of it as nothing less than a "giant killer," in that it makes it nearly impossible for any level-headed purchaser, even one with the means to spend lavishly, to rationalize spending thousands of dollars more on these two competing products (or on others like them) when one can get the same sonic results (which from most reports are splendid) from the humble little CD Box.

Any thoughts? Do we audiophiles finally have good reason to come to our buying senses? To me, Pro-Ject Audio Systems may have struck a true winning vein with their CD Box when prospecting for gold.

128x128erictal4075
Post removed 

So if I get tossed I do not care. @thyname  is making terrorist threats.

New Message

Jan 1, 2022 2:50am

And may you fuck in peace! I will find you and hunt you. Like a dog. Come early 2025!

You may reply to this email with your response.
Please note - attachments will not be accepted or carried to the recipient.

Help us keep the marketplace safe, and protect your transaction. It is against our terms of use to take transactions offsite. If another member is asking you to do so, please report them here.

This is after i called this clown out as ant Anti Semite for making Gas Chamber Comments:

New Message

Jan 1, 2022 2:00am

Here is my real name and persona. You have no clue dude. This is coming. Come 2024. Be ready. We all have to do something about this. Before it’s too late. I hate to say this. But it’s coming. It’s all up to you and being complacent. Sorry for being blunt. It’s the truth.

Go ahead and call me disgusting. It’s fine. I am telling you what it is. I know. Peace. We will need it

Not going away you anti Semite

New Message

And may you fuck in peace! I will find you and hunt you. Like a dog. Come early 2025!

Help us keep the marketplace safe, and protect your transaction. It is against our terms of use to take transactions offsite. If another member is asking you to do so, please report them here.

And again @thyname sent all these emails to the JDF and AALDF you see I am Asian clown!

New Message

It is distressing to me to see this thread, which I as its initiator intended to be a robust and honest debate over price-for-value considerations in three CD transports (ok, the GRYPHON is technically a PLAYER because it has an in-built DAC), But, unintentionally, this discussion has, for reasons indecipherable to me, devolved into an anti-semitic rant.

Such is life on the Internet, which is open to ALL comers, including those who are very easily derailed by the slightest pebble left on the railway tracks, which causes them to veer off the rails into discussions totally unrelated to the subject at hand (do as the Swiss Albula Railway does - put your heavy locomotives at the FRONT of your trains whenever there is a heavy snowfall along your railway’s routes: ★ 4K 🇨🇭Samedan - Albulabahn - Chur; cab ride after over 1 meter snowfall [12.2020 - YouTube )! It is filmed in 2160p 4k.