may need correction.

Some friends of my ''discovered'' that Replicant (Ortofon), Decca and

''Expert stylus'' are the same. As is/was the case with Gyger and

Van den Hul. Van den Hul designed Gyeger I, II and S (?) but

Gyger produced them. This was obviously kept secret for commercial

reasons.

My assertion is that Expert stylus (Paratrace) provide them to the

other mentioned.

Is anybody capable to check this information?

128x128nandric

@mijostyn My 'on the sauce' moments is fuelled by off the shelve products, no need to use illegal substances, fortunately for myself, caffeine based beverages is ample to get the party going.

I have not any recollection from any input from yourself on this subject, and I have read many individuals accounts over a long period of time. It is hard to determine where you are in your comprehension of this subject and if the subject of Styli Forms is something that you are quite serious about.

To help you understand my place that I am with this subject, a Styli is a Material that is hard wearing and has become the preferred material over other Jewels used in times past. More importantly it is a interface between two materials, and contaminants that might be present on the surfaces of the interface materials.

There are Jewels designed to have a form that are mechanically more suitable than other forms at this interface.

These forms of Jewels are produced mainly as an item offered by a Brand and are selected to be supplied at different levels of purchase value. The Sales Spiel offered to the Consumer is usually the information that will indicate where a Part offered fits into the Production Companies Pricing Range. Customers who receive  of such Parts, especially those who produce a Cartridge Range will be quick to add their own Sales Spiel to a already supplied Sales Spiel from a Producer, and hence the fantastical descriptions commence.

The 'merry go round' evolves to their being a Cartridge offered, of which there will hopefully be many, to make the product a worthwhile venture. This results in multiple Customers and Users of the Produced Cartridge, of which many will publically make their assessments known, with information supplied as a result of subjective description, combined with historical recollected information from the Sales Spiel, this can quite easily turn into a description that does not mirror the supplied information from another's assessment. 

Hence the suggestion I am keen to make, that is to attempt to experience the device in advance of purchase, or definitely speak directly with somebody totally qualified through a broad experience of carrying out assessments on differing assemblies of parts, to help with the decision being made. 

In the context of ''intellectual ownership'' which can be seen as the

usual ownership of movables and immovables in the sense of

relating persons and objects in ''one to one'' relation there are public

registers in which ''objects and persons'' are kept together such

that people can see ''who owns what''. But there is also ''know how''

which is only available to the inventors. This knowledge is different

from scientific knowledge because it is secret. There are commercial

interest involved . In this sense Gyger and Van den Hul are kept

apart as well Replicant and Paratrace suggesting with different

names different animals. There are btw also different names as

intellectual ownership called ''trademark''. Think of our disputes

about Glanz and Astatic with believe that those are different

animals and even our MM authority was convinced that Astatic is

not Glanz. while the ''poor thing'' is produced by an Japanese

company called ''Mitachi'' the inventor of ''MF'' (moving flux) 

technology. The consequence being embarrassment of some

of our ''honourable members''. 

It must be my dyslexia but I am having trouble following pindac and nandric. 

@pindac, styluses are typically made of diamond which is the hardest jewel.

@nandric, there are large models of all the styluses you can look at. It all has to do with the angles the stylus is ground at. It is a pretty incredible process which I am sure you can see online. The diamond itself is dirt cheap, pennies. It is the process of shaping it that results in the expense. The more complex shapes are probably made possible by robotic control of the process. 

mijostyn , I am fighting against prejudice and assumed meaning of words.

At my age (84) I can hardly see with my glasses. But , curiously, I see

more beautiful women than ever before. I need to consult my eye doctor

and ask how this is possible (grin).  

@tomic601 
Thanks, and Happy New Year! Haven't heard the Beethoven Ortofon yet. I'm really interested in the new Verismo, which looks like a refined A95 and lists a diamond cantilever - though in product images it looks more like boron than diamond.