Efficient speaker: Zu, Tekton, Volti, Klipsch, Fleetwood?

We’re moving and I’m looking for a high-efficiency, high impedance speaker that can fill a very large “great room” with smooth, open, detailed sound, both for serious listening and casual background music. I currently have Devore Super 9s, but those will be going in a separate dedicated listening room. I thought about getting another pair of Devores (maybe the O/93) for the great room because I love this brand, but I’m interested in other possibilities The new speakers will be on either side of a 6-foot TV console, so they’ll need to sound good fairly close to the wall behind them. And they will need to have a reasonably good WAF. They will be played mainly at low-moderate sound levels and our tastes include rock, classical, world music and “spa” type relaxation stuff.

Anyone who is familiar with any of the following candidates, please feel free to sound off. As you can see, price ranges are all over the place:

Zu Soul Supreme

Tekton Lore

Volti Razz

Klipsch Forte IV

Fleetwood Deville

Others?

128x128ladok

ddafoe, thanks for the information. My wife thinks the Fleetwood is beautiful, but I haven’t told her how much they cost. I’ve seen them on Youtube videos, they certainly aren’t your tiny min-monitors. They’d be a much easier choice at about half the price. I have considered Fyne speakers, they are made by former long-time Tannoy people. They do look kind of like a cyclops, my wife says they remind her of the one-eyed minion cartoon characters, which was not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Ladok....ask the several who have chimed in on this post why as  they put it "Tekton doesn't belong in the conversation" and I'm taking that as they are the  inferior speaker in the conversation .My point is this.It never fails when the speaker brand gets bashed ,the comeback is enevitable..."doubt you've heard them"...I'm saying most the bashers have ..

i understand the OP desire to “ sample “ beyond Devore which will go in the critical listening room. I have 7 pairs of speakers including Vandersteen, Quad ESL 63, Klipsch ( heavily modified Cornwall ), etc… Sampling is good and can lead to discernment…. I would be inclined to do a couple of things - talk w Devore. talk w Devore dealers who carry other brands also. Don Better in Cleveland comes to mind… ;-) IMO, for WAF nothing beats Daedalus wood cabinets…. automotive paint is another matter…

Enjoy your quest and the music

Jim 

missioncoonery I went back through this thread. Three of the negative Tekton comments had to do with their efficiency not being as high as advertised, with Stereophile test confirming. As far as I can tell, only two of the negative posters actually listened to a Tekton, but to what extent and under what conditions is unknown. Two other posters actually own a Tekton and love them.

Post removed