2022 is almost here. Why are you here?

So why are you here?

No why are you on this forum?

Is it to discuss music?

Is it to discuss equipment and how to optimize your system?

Is it to meet new people and share ideas and well yes opinions?

I know those are the reasons I came to this forum. My favorite section is “What’s on your turntable tonight”. I also enjoy sharing my experiences in audio and well life so far.

Things I do not care for but come in an ecosystem like this are:

Posts that get hijacked.

People who politicize a post and everything is a right wing, or an alt left conspiracy.

Dealers that post to hawk their wares and services.

Boisterous bloviating blowhards’ that everything they do, own, and think is the best and you are schitt.

Personal attacks (I am guilty and will admit it)

I am right and you can not prove me wrong, so I am right. Tweaks are BS show me the DATA. Condemnation of a tweak or performance upgrade formulated on opinion, not science or trial and error.

There are a few only a few that are here just to be disrupters that pounce on posts by certain individuals looking for the opportunity to make them look the fool or extremist. So, it all goes back to the original question.

Why are you here?

I despise New Years resolutions and I am not going to make one here for 2022. I will say that if a post gets flushed down the political crapper I will move on. If the zoomer’s (thanks nonoise for that phrase) hit the thread, then the thread is dead to me. 

My goal in 2022 is to avoid conflict unless it is on the ice.

Love to hear form you all and Happy New Year!

128x128jerryg123

I am here because I feel less like a lonely extraterrestrial psycho alien audiophile.

I have all the kids here for one more night. Going to hang with them and their wives before the head off to Nashville, Tokyo and Denver.

See you all tomorrow and @artemus_5 I hope at some point you can.

Sorry:

I am here to learn and help others if I can. I don't judge another's audiophile journey---I try not to disrespect anyone even if I think they're being a jerk or too opinionated. There are some on here that seem to have a chip on their shoulders or just like to stir up trouble. I try to avoid the drama if I can. Hoping everyone has a healthy and happy new year.

I am here to learn what I don't know yet about various aspects of audiophilia. By example I have gotten huge help from some posters on this site about looking into digital vs. being stuck on analog. It is a big mountain to climb, but I am glad I am taking the trek.

I’m here to learn, which I have. And, to one day formulate a useful, non-shamed post related to my pursuit of the perfect (for me) Japanese integrated amplifier.