Opinions on Pure Audio Project Quintet 15 Horn 1 Please

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for owners or people who've heard the Pure Audio Project Quintet 15 Horn 1. I'm considering purchasing a pair. I'm based in the UK.

My listening tastes are a bit eclectic, but I guess rock and electronica are what I predominately listen to. Room is medium size, 14' x 26 ish

I have a few concerns:
1. They will need a sub or subs.

2. I can't find any measurements, but I think I read on these forums that the horn falls off substantially at 10/11khz & that some people are using super tweeters to compensate.

Can anyone assist please?

Best regards,

Dagda

dagda

i have not tried these (nor heard them) but i too have been curious

i trust you saw the steve guttenberg review on youtube... 

Hi jjss49,

Thank you for posting!

I did indeed see his review of the Trio15 Classic. He mentioned that they played Jazz well, but also said the Cornwall IVs were better overall. I'm not sure just how much of what he said would translate to the Quintet 15 Horn 1 though. 

Thanks again for posting,

Dagda

P.S. I'm trying to get an audition with the Cornwalls at the moment.

with several 15 in woofers per side, i would hope that subs would not be needed for most applications

it is interesting there are all the center driver choices provided to the buyer, but i wish they would pick the one that is best sonically, and say that is THE speaker to buy - i feel they evade some responsibility providing all those choices if the speaker does not fully please, whatever the customer chooses

that said my concern with so many of these large bass driver open baffle models is the integration of the woofers with the tweeter/mid - it seems that neither are quite ideal to reproduce the absolutely essential midrange frequencies (that was my own finding when i had the spatials...)