Majority Of Your Listening Is Online Streaming Service, Do You Buy CD's Or Vinyl Any More?

Do you care to own hard copies of your recordings any more?

128x128mitch4t

No more cds, still pick up lp's.  I've been gifted hundreds upon hundreds of lp's over the years, just received another hundred or so last week.  Periodically purchase as well. I still like large format of vinyl, and I get sense of inherent value, cd's cold, sterile, no feeling. Besides, my streams sound as good as the cd rips, far more music available with streams, whats the point. Still, I have at least 2500 cd's in storage and no way to listen in main system, must be keeping for some reason, hoarding syndrome?

Wrong the majority of my listening is collected tracks and internet radio,.

Then streaming, CDs and vinyl. Still occasionally buy CDs and LPs I have missed, if unavailable otherwise.

Definitely streaming… the age of CDs is over. I have 2,000 vinyl albums and 2,000 CDs. I don’t listen to CDs any more because the streaming service is the same SQ or better. (See my system, click on my user ID) Vinyl can be better… and is fun, sometimes higher resolution, but not by much. But streaming is so much easier.

What changed all this was me investing in a good streamer… and stop fooling around with PCs. First a Auralic Aries G2, then Aurender… N100… to now W20SE… a whole new world, basically all music available at full audiophile quality. A whole new world to explore instead of replaying only the stuff you own.

Post removed 

I learned years ago not to depend on computers for stuff you want to save long term, I still buy and use CDs. Nothing better than the source file. Back in the day guys saved 78s. I'm thinking they were right.