Why not use a piece of silver wire instead of a jumper cable?

Hi all! I seen a lot of comments about the quality of the speakers jumpers and how some people replace them with a piece of speaker cable. I replaced the speakers jumpers with a piece of silver wire. I can not said that the difference is notable right away, except in some musical passages where with the stock brass jumpers I could heard some harshness. To my ears with the silver jumpers the upper frequencies sound a little silky, not a day and night difference but still worth the change.

Has anyone replaced the stock jumpers with a silver wire?

Raul

tiofelon

Yes I have, now reverse the direction on your jumper and see if it sounds better one way than the other. Then dip the ends in a contact enhancer. Take the same wire strip the insulation and put it in an oversize silicone air tube. You have a direction, you have the best insulator you have the best contact surface. I think you are up to 10.00 usd. NOW let it settle. :-)

There are ways to make it sound even better.. Strip a piece of OCC and do the same thing.. Use Solid core vs stranded vs large strand or small strand. They ALL sound different in an air tube and one direction vs the other.. Do one speaker at a time. I always start on the left and work clockwise if there is more than 2 speakers.

Regards

I use two pair of 12 gauge solid silver, one for each amplifier, and I'm very happy with it. Sure saves time and energy when I change amps. When I bought them from Tempo Electric, silver was still relatively cheap, same for the teflon outer insulation.

Regards,

Dan

Teflon is good, BUT try air. Take a piece of # 22 OCC copper and rap that piece of pure silver about 1 turn per inch. Tuck it in the air tube. Tin the end with 4% silver solder and silicone the tube closed. Dip the ends in graphene dust and install in a 5 way binding post or add pure copper or silcer coated copper terminal ends and cold weld them (pressure) or screws, NO solder only to tin the ends. When you cench the screws they should pierce the tinning. If you use pressure, just use contact enhancer. before you compress the terminal end/wire with the dye.

Merry Christmas..