van den Hul Colibri - Reconditioning

Hello Friends and Fellow 'philes:  Has anyone tried to have a cartridge sent to Holland for AJ to recondition in the last year?  I am told to contact VPI for mailing to van den Hul, and just concerned about the steps involved.  Any advice or experiences to recount ?

Thanks

Dana Woods

neoneon

Instead of starting a second thread on the same subject as your previous thread, it is a better idea to "bump" your original thread to the top of the list, by posting some new bit of information there. 

Post removed 
Post removed 

Thanks you guys, just very nervous about this whole process.  Today I read a good study that indicates that average stylus lifetime is about where I am at in hours, so I will def need a rebuild/retip.  I hope the process is straightforward, I will contact J McGurk and follow his/VPI's instructions.  Was just wondering if others have met with success.  I will gladly pay the $$$ for the rebuild, I just adore this cartridge, the Colibri is very special.  Thanks for your generous help

I sent a VDH back for a retip a couple of years or so ago. It took a loooong time but it was worth it.