Raven Nighthawk Mk 3.1 vs Cronus Magnum III

Both American made, same price point where the former is rated at 20 wpc the latter 100.

Which would you choose and why? Or might you look elsewhere, say the Parasound Hint 6?

Thanks for the thoughts.  

128x128sj00884

@sj00884 

hi sure.  tried lots of combinations of the best NOS available and the center preamp tube is most important but they all matter.  Amperex 12AU7 sounded best by a mile, off label made by Amerex are available at more reasonable prices.  

front 12AX7 I also liked Amperex but the stock JJs are a good substitute once well burned in (many weeks).

back row 12AU7 I settled on RCA 5814.   

I don’t doubt Raven amps are good but how can you compare it with the Rogue with its standard stock tubes. I agree with the statements above concerning tube rolling on the Rogue. I’m using  NOS tubes in all 5 preamp locations and it’s a big improvement over the stock JJ tubes. I was able to refine the sound to my tastes and now it’s much more musical along with a larger soundstage. I also ordered my Rogue with KT77s instead of the stock KT120s which are also more musical. 

The main advantage is the Rogue can be switched between ultra-linear and triode mode instantaneous with a switch located in the rear. This way you can compare and decide which sounds best in your system. 

Lastly the customer service at Rogue is fantastic. They answer the phone immediately and either Mark the owner or Nick are available to answer all your questions. 

“I  don’t doubt Raven amps are good but how can you compare it with the Rogue with its standard stock tubes. “

Please  clarify the inference. You believe Rogue is hands down better or clearly inferior when having stock tubes?