Best speakers around $130k?

Go!

mjbishop99

The Venture Grand Ultimate is now up to MKIV.  I listened to a previous iteration at a show; the best speakers I have ever heard. Amazing.  (Their entry level model, in the high 30's when I heard it, was lovely too.)

Of course, Venture is far too refined to list MSRP in their website, but I imagine it is well into 6 figures.

noske's amusing remark about the stuff of nightmares is well taken.

While the Ventures would not be the malevolent visual presence of the big  Wilson's in your listening room, they are, while attractive (actually pretty tasteful by super speaker standards), imposing, and would be best suited to a dedicated listening space approximately the size of modest aircraft hanger.

Do let us know how this comes out!

@jdoris The Venture Grand Ultimate is now up to MKIV. I listened to a previous iteration at a show; the best speakers I have ever heard. Amazing. (Their entry level model, in the high 30’s when I heard it, was lovely too.)

Of course, Venture is far too refined to list MSRP in their website, but I imagine it is well into 6 figures.

They are tremendous and quite delicious. I do note that they are 4 ohm. I have been known to regret noting such things, but so be it.

Edit - and now I checked out Ultimate Reference.  Why not.

@noske 

Glad you agree about the Ventures.  Interesting about the 4 Ohms.  Not to many speakers I know of like that.

Is the idea that 4 ohms constrains amp choices?  I'm guessing folks buying 130k speakers aren't so worried about that :)