Mcintosh amplifiers and preamps

Just trying to understand, how do you view Mcintosh amplifiers and preamps?

thanks....

onehorsepony

You must be new here to ask a question like this on this forum! This place has more Mac haters than you can imagine. Roxy54, I share your comment!

I've owned Mac gear since 1978, and it suits my tastes just fine. It holds it's value quite nicely, thank you. Give it a listen!

Just trying to understand, how do you view Mcintosh amplifiers and preamps?

good stuff

easy to listen to

well made

cool meters and blue/green lighting

expensive

I love Mac gear and hope to own some pieces eventually. For long term value I would probably stay away from the gear that has built in Dacs (like the c2700, etc). Sure you can upgrade the module or not even use the dac, however, I think more long term value (money wise) would be better in just the analog only gear. 

25 years ago I paid 270.00 for this MX110z. I took it out of storage last year. I had never used it. I brought it up on a Variac over a 3 day period, cleaned the tube pins and cleaned the pin sockets. It sounded good. Within 2 days it sounded great. Never been touched 60 years old. It looks NEW. That is dust.. That is a Mac. DAC that!

I have a C2500, wonderful unit, in for repairs.. LOL I think it was my fault.. Jury is out on that one. I had a cable drop from a tube amp onto a class d bass amps, both were hooked to the C2500. It actually blew up a MC275, but didn’t blow the fuse in the unit. It also tripped a FA 20 amp house fuse. First time EVER. Weirdest thing I EVER saw. Hopefully the last time too. That was an Expensive boo boo.. If there is a banana involved, I shrink tube the connection, period! WELD it, glue it, do something to it..

The DAC thing is always the same, reclocking is just fine for me, I’m not a DAC fanatic. I'm just a Fanatic, you know the regular kind, run of the mill fanatic..

Merry Christmas..

great stuff, just a matter of preference...still use my Don Scott modified MR74 tuner regularly