What's All The Fuss And Big Deal About Roon About Roon Being A Must-Have??

I Have a Bluesound Node jacked into my dac and I'm pretty thrilled about it.

I'm happy streaming Tidal, Amazon, Napster and a ton of internet radio stations through my Bluesound Node.  I use a Sonos to stream Pandora.

I've even bought an 8 terabyte hard drive and connected it to my Bluesound and started to sample a few cd's that I've burned to it and I must say that I'm pleased.  It's all been pretty straightforward and painless.

I live in a one-room place, so I don't need a multiple room feature.  This is for a strictly a 2-channel rig.

It seems that I'm digitally squared away for music.

What can and will Roon add to this setup? 

128x128mitch4t

sonic79

Thank you for the confirmation. 

After setting up the Bluesound Node (setup was a breeze), it seemed I already had all of the features that Roon offers....without a monthly fee.  I'm good.

You’ll probably get a number of responses, but no matter what anyone says here, pro or con, no matter how much research you do and no matter what people tell you, the only way to answer your question is by trying it for yourself. (They do a free trial.) The reason is that it probably doesn’t *do* anything that you can’t already do. I considered it for a few years and couldn’t figure out why I would need it. It turned out I don’t need it. But I’m doing a trial now and I love it. For me, it’s mostly a way of organizing my music, but Roon makes it brilliantly easy. Radio, stored files, Qobuz--all in sight and all ready to go. Give it a try and see for yourself; there’s no other way to know.

Edit: I was writing while erik_squires was posting. Basically: what he said.

I was an early adapter of Roon and had a Roon Nucleus and one of kids took it to University.

Bought a Node but had a lifetime subscription to Roon and used a laptop as a core just fro streaming. Blue OS is okay but preferred Roon.

Moved away from the Blue OS Node and now have a Bel Canto Stream and use the Seek application on my I pad with Qobuz and I am happy.

Roon is not all that but then again we will see after the Fall update.

It's from the song, Dana Andrews said prunes gave him the Roons