The Audiophile Community Has a Problem: Part Deux The Saga Continues?

My original post was just to provoke some thought and to share an interesting article.

Some may have took it personal, your right to do so.

Others had an opinion and that was the idea, here is part 2 .

No comments about Sin as we are all guilty of being a part of the male anatomy from time to time (Pot meet kettle).

Hope this gets us all thinking and conversation continues.

Read the articles.

We need to be polite. Yes, audio breeds strong opinions, but that doesn’t give us the excuse to be rude or snide. One can disagree without argument and even suggest reasons why they disagree without becoming unpleasant.

Do you argue like this with co-workers when you disagree with something at work?

I can suggest a good therapist if that’s the case.

128x128jerryg123

What do you hope to accomplish jerryg123? Do you really think anything is going to change at this point? Why not do what many of us do and just ignore threads that we find unpleasant? No offense intended, but I just think that all of this talk leads to nothing constructive. 

@roxy54 yep for the most part a good path to take.. it does tick me off to see sheep led down the primrose path by those fawning over gear they have yet to hear…but ? I am having fun today mucking about listening to Norah sing Christmas tunes thru some ancient Mullards…. of course, i measured them with a tube tester….but then i guess that’s another topic…ha

i am a coal fired robot in a firewood forest

Jim

As a relative newbie out here, I appreciate the tribal elders' concerns about civility. I can't see that these threads do any harm and they may even remind people that, if we want, this can be a friendly place where we discuss music, gear, and audiophile culture. 

And as someone who tends to ask very basic, often beginner questions, I also appreciate those who respond helpfully and thoughtfully. This place is absolutely incredible in that sense.

@roxy54 Nothing just thought this was interesting especially with the other threads in this vane. 

Appreciate your opinions and if this thread offends……..

Have a great evening. Time spin some wax. 

I am Robot.

I made a comment about a fuse upgrade on another site, and people attacked me like you would not believe, even questioned my sexuality, told me to F off. 

They like measurements there as well.