Many CDs, no CD player (a question about ripping CDs)

Quick and basic and general question: why would someone rip a CD for storage as a digital file if they have access to the same album on Qobuz? 

In some ways I'm asking: in general, is there any difference in sound quality between a digital file (ripped from a CD) that is played through a streamer and the same album (same release) on Qobuz, played through the same streamer?

Obviously there are all kinds of variations and exceptions; I mean this as a general question. Of course we all have CDs that aren't on Qobuz and we may want digital files for times when we're away from our main systems or don't have access to the internet. I'm simply trying to understand if I want to rip a CD if I can play the same album on Qobuz.

Thank you all, as always!

northman

I don't know crap but you can make an exact disc copy in DOS. The music services use a different format some better than others. I still use CDs, nothing is better than the original source.

Thanks. I've often heard people say that CDs sound better than streaming--so my question is really about whether a digital file (ripped from a CD) will also sound better. I've ripped CDs with dBpoweramp and I can get off my butt and do some comparisons with those files. But, for the ease of it, I'm noodling around with getting a ripper. I just don't know if it's worth it. (I will get another CD player down the road but I'm holding off on that purchase for now.) And ... I'm sure you know more crap than I do!

I think that my CDs ripped to FLAC files on a NAS drive sound better than streaming Tidal or Qobuz, and also better than through my CD player.  But the differences are very, very subtle.  I spend most of my time streaming for the convenience and for exploring new artists and music. 

I ripped all my CDs just as Tidal was coming out.  Would I rip them all today, knowing that I do most of my listening via streaming?  Probably not for the sound quality difference, but perhaps just to have access to music for those times when the internet is down.