Toe-In or Toe-Out

I always listen for a long time, with a bit of toe-out, just behind my head.  But I try again, for the second time, and for my room, I find the sound is much more coherent, with less saturation, in fact I can play a little bit louder without fatigue and saturation of music, like just in my face sound.  In fact it is more easy to listen to my music.  It is not a big move to make, just experimentation, it worth to try, for free.

audiosens

noromance, I will try straight ahead next time, may be it is because of the fold AMT diffusion Tweeter ?

Whatever sounds best to you is the way to go. Every room and person is different. 

Glasses and hat will change what you hear too.

I go for full blown laser alignment with 4 columns. 2 mains, 2 MB columns

From the seated position to the center of the columns. Measure that distance, pushing it away lowers the db to that ear. I run mine the same distance
Camber
Caster
Toe-in or out.

The mains are toed-in and fire in front of the seated position. They are tipped back 5 degrees, with the ribbon tweeter turned horizontal vs vertical.

The MB columns fire behind the seated position and are tipped back less than 5 degrees. They are outside the monitors and 12-24" closer but 60 degrees off axis from the monitors. They don’t interfere with the monitor imaging either. You also push the MBC back about 1" inch at a time, until the timing is right between the monitors and MB columns.. To close boomy, to far away they loose coherence. They sound like they are in separate boxes.. Just what I didn’t want to do..

You really want to zero in your speakers, use a laser and a db meter in the seated position..

Your ears just make sure they are pretty close. That set up can compensate for a lot of hearing issues too between moving a single column forward or backwards but keeping the laser in the same spot for imaging..

Regards

stereo5, you are correct, with the age the ear goes bad with time, and also the open room is another issue.  Thank you

oldhvymec, Thank you for your help.  Have you a dB and laser model device to suggest me ?  I am now writing you from my computer situated in the back left cornerof my open space room, all curtains are now closed, and the sound is better than on my listening chair, it is realy weird, isn't it ?  Thank's again.