Why no love for Apple Music?

I’m back in the audiophile game after a few years off. Things have changed quite a bit.  I’ve been listening to CDs, streaming my own CD rips via Audirvana, and playing Apple Music.  I’ve been really impressed by Apple Music and the catalog they have. Just about everything is available lossless and they have a lot of albums that are high-res.  But reading posts here, it seems like everyone is using Tidal or Qobuz.  Why?   Why are those platforms getting the love while Apple Music seems to run in last place here?  

I’m really curious because I’m all in on digital as my source and love the convenience of streaming.  And interested in having the highest quality source at the same time.  Thanks!

nymarty

One main reason I can think of is Qobuz and Tidal had lossless streaming first and people see no reason to change now. Also, many use Roon and only Qobuz and Tidal integrate. Psychologically, Apple is a technology/marketing company while the others are music providers so they must be able to do it better than Apple.

I did a trial of Apple Music and could never get resolution above 24/88 and I could actually hear the difference on Qobuz using 24/96 or  higher file playback. On my LUMIN device the Apple Music would not display the artist, resolution and other things that I like. YMMV. I agree with poster BH

Just flat and no dynamic range. Their "lossless" is all marketing. Try something better like Qobuz, even Amazon HD is better in my opinion.

I’ll try Amazon HD.  I don’t believe Apple lossless is just marketing hype.  It reads as lossless at the DAC or high res when available and sounds really good — not compressed at all.  Even when comparing to CDs that I have.

Do I need a separate streamer for Amazon HD?