Mola Mola Kula, anyone?

Just acquired one of these and am enjoying it a lot.  Great speed, transparency, and body.  Expansive and deep soundstage.  It can play with finesse and punch, effortlessly.  I was worried about the class D amplification before it arrived, but its performance put all that to rest.  I also have a Boulder 866 and actually find them more alike than different.  The built-in Tambaqui DAC is great, of course, but the pre/power amp combo is fantastic as well.  I also use it with a dCS Network Bridge and Paganini DAC, which I'm very familiar with, and the Kula really lets the dCS combo shine.  In fact, I prefer the sound this way vs the Tambaqui, but I think I'm turning into a bit of a dCS fanboy.

Any other owners out there?  What do you think?  I wonder how it compares to others in the price range as I'm just entering this territory.  D'Agostino Progression, Vitus RI-101 and SIA-025, Bel Canto Black ACI 600, T+A PA3100 HV come to mind.

I look forward to listening to it when I'm not around, which is a good sign, but time will tell if it's the one (as if such a thing exists).
eugene81

Sure, Happy Holidays too !
The last trend would be Tambaqui + Boulder, so I can decide whether the 866 is gorgeous enough on its own or even better with the mola2… (this is a spoiled child choice) let’s see, this is linked to local opportunities that need to be confirmed, it could be totally different tomorrow according to new phone calls I could receive with the availability of devices…😋

If I ever see a Tambaqui on the used market I’ll buy it before any other buyer can say “honey?”   

Used prices for components like the Tambaqui are ridiculous.

Seriously, I would call Bill at GTT Audio and check on a new one. Ken

For sure, that’s a question of opportunity and the hype makes it a bit more difficult to catch… but I got one last week, 2nd hand 😉

no news yet for the Boulder… but I have a lot to play with already with the Mola2

Congrtats copiattyright!

What are your other components?  Are you using the fixed volume out?

Have you played with the output voltage?  My preamp likes the 6v output.

I could discuss this more if interested...