Not Sure If This Is OK Here, But Here Goes

I'm selling a pair of Magnepans on Audiogon and as usual, have had no response. Yesterday, a guy from Argentina (allegedly) contacts me and says he'd like the speakers and gave me an address and phone number of a guy in Miami to ship them to and he'll forward them on to the end buyer.

At first glance, this doesn't pass the smell test. However, he did give me a phone number, which I may call later today. The other issue I have is that I have little to no experience with PayPal. How hard is it to defraud PayPal and leave me without my  money and the lose of my speakers?

jasonduke2

It’s stressful enough as a seller packing, shipping, insuring and praying the moving company doesn’t screw up. Be patient and put the gear on usam also.

Just tell the guy your looking for a local sale. Too many variables and unknowns. Unless like Waltersalas says, the guys packing 2-3 digit feedback. 

Make sure he pays thru paypal first and then wait till it clears when you transfer the funds to your bank!

i've always wondered about transactions using paypal f@f. why do they let you do that-they make no money!

paypal did absolutely nothing for me when I paid for something and it never arrived. 

You are on your own. But if you get paid in advance, you are safe.