JTR Speakers, why so much?

I keep hearing great things about these speakers and every time I got to look at the website I'm reminded of just how ridiculously expensive they are for what you get.  Does anyone have experience with these and can somebody explain why the hell somebody would pay that much money for a speaker that looks like the red headed step child of a JBL concert speaker? 

blkwrxwgn

Measurements are good to say the least. You can see a bit of horn coloration or comb filtering around 5k but impressive and even more impressive from a small company. 

I have never heard them, but I considered purchasing three for my basement theater before the last price increases. I hesitated because I knew purchasing the front three would have led to me purchasing their surrounds also. I really couldn't justify the money at the time. During my conversations with JTR I expressed concern about buying without hearing first. I live about two hours away from their current location. The company offered to deliver them to me and set them up for best sound in my room.   

I own two of their S2 subwoofers. The subs were a revelation. The subs I had before were loud. My wife once complained that she heard the movie I was watching in the shower, two floors up. The JTR subs can play loud, but they also have a sound of their own. In all the years I had listened to music, movies, etc. I never realized how much overhang I was hearing. The new, cleaner sound took some getting used to. I have no plans of upgrading the subs.

Based off my experience with the company's sub, personal prior contact with them, and rave internet reviews I would consider them again if making a purchase in that price range.       

If a used model that fits my room becomes available within a days drive I would buy them.    

John

Since COVID some building materials have quadrupled in price!  Finding out what markup for dealers can amount to it seems there should be some concession for factory direct.