Anyone Get a Degritter for Xmas?

I'm thinking about taking the plunge and would love to hear owner experiences!
dhcod

I have an Audio Desk and I admit it's not cheap.

And it's added life to my LP collection which includes albums I bought in the 80s. (About 300).  I have cleaned all my records and clean every record I buy before playing. 

It does make a difference as does using high quality sleeves and keeping records from getting dirty.

I think the pops/clicks were damage done by mishandling (previous owner???) or in manufacturing. I don't know that they disappear. I think the Degritter may give such a good cleaning that everything is easier to hear. A good thing in most all cases I'm sure, but with the few that have some noise, a catch 22. 

I have used a VPI 16.5 w/ Audio Intelligent solutions for many years. I have the one step (#6) and 2 step (#15), requiring a distilled H2O rinse. 

I've been using a Degritter for a couple months after using a Cleaner Vinyl setup for several years. With the Cleaner vinyl, I would wait and clean in batches because of the set up time.  With the Degritter, even though it cleans and dries one at a time, I clean records much more frequently.  It is so easy to start and stop.  No prep, no cleanup. This is particularly useful when I'm playing a record I cleaned awhile ago and realize it's time for another cleaning.  Bam!  Done!!! Glad I made the plunge.

I am not getting a Degritter for Christmas, but barring financial catastrophes I plan to get one to celebrate the Vernal Equinox.

The Degritter might be the best 3K I’ve spent on my analog system. I pretty much only buy audiophile reissues, 98% of the time brand new still sealed….. they still have dust and plastic debris from the manufacturer. First thing I do, is take out the new record and run it through the full 10 min Heavy setting on the degritter. I’ve compared the 3 settings and Heavy gives the best result.  While that’s chugging along, I put the album cover in a 4mil protection outer sleeve with a pocket from Vinyl Storage Solutions in Canada. I then put the record in a Diskeeper Audiophile Inner Sleeve from Sleve City.  Your records, new or old, will never sound better and will be extremely protected. If you can manage, get one.