CJ PV12 or VTL TL2.5

Trying to decide between these two. After an exhaustive internet search (including here) turned up little, has anyone ever compared these directly? Or if you've owned either, what are your thoughts? Any reliability concerns, esp. with VTL? I have read that VTL's had reliability issues?

greg7

i was struggling with same problem.  having been a cj fan for so long, i was beginning to get the itch for something else.  and it was between those two companies.  i hear the 6.5 is much better than the 2.5 so i let that go.  had a classic 2se it sounds great and gets good reviews. if you can get one then get it.  i settled for the et 3se and havnt looked back, but much more money.

by the way there is an herron vtsp-2 for sale on audio mart for about $1800, if you can, get it.  i have the vtsp-1 and sounds great.  trust me.  .....

Have owned both the PV12 and the TL2.5 , would say there is not a huge difference between them. Both were very reliable, had no issues with either, And yes the TL6.5 is tons better than both, even the series 1 6.5 (have one of those too). 

im sorry greg 7 but i meant the vtl 5.5, it was reviewed with the cj premier 350 if im not mistaken and got excellent reviews together.....but again i heard the similar thing about cj and vtl gear....about them sounding so much alike it would be more of a  lateral move.