Mola Mola Kula, anyone?

Just acquired one of these and am enjoying it a lot.  Great speed, transparency, and body.  Expansive and deep soundstage.  It can play with finesse and punch, effortlessly.  I was worried about the class D amplification before it arrived, but its performance put all that to rest.  I also have a Boulder 866 and actually find them more alike than different.  The built-in Tambaqui DAC is great, of course, but the pre/power amp combo is fantastic as well.  I also use it with a dCS Network Bridge and Paganini DAC, which I'm very familiar with, and the Kula really lets the dCS combo shine.  In fact, I prefer the sound this way vs the Tambaqui, but I think I'm turning into a bit of a dCS fanboy.

Any other owners out there?  What do you think?  I wonder how it compares to others in the price range as I'm just entering this territory.  D'Agostino Progression, Vitus RI-101 and SIA-025, Bel Canto Black ACI 600, T+A PA3100 HV come to mind.

I look forward to listening to it when I'm not around, which is a good sign, but time will tell if it's the one (as if such a thing exists).
eugene81

AUDIONET WATT + TAMBAQUI!!!  Both amazing.

Gives you flexibility:

DAC is separate so you could change either (but you won't!)

Could add amps later if wanted...Watt is world class preamp.

I have heard this combo.  I have not heard the spec corp or T+A

Many thanks for sharing your experience fastfreight ! This comforts me in the idea that all these choices will be anyway highly enjoyable.

i think this total shoot out could only be done in Sweden at perfect sense, this would be quite an afternoon 😉

Sure, Happy Holidays too !
The last trend would be Tambaqui + Boulder, so I can decide whether the 866 is gorgeous enough on its own or even better with the mola2… (this is a spoiled child choice) let’s see, this is linked to local opportunities that need to be confirmed, it could be totally different tomorrow according to new phone calls I could receive with the availability of devices…😋

If I ever see a Tambaqui on the used market I’ll buy it before any other buyer can say “honey?”