Ethernet Clocking

i had previously reported that adding an Antelope 10m rubidium clock to the Etherregen results in major tightening of soundstage and location of individual instruments. To my great surprise adding filtering on the BNC 75 Ohms connection between clock and Etherregen results in substantial additional benefits. The filter used is a Mini-Circuits BLP-10.7-75+ DCto11MHZ model.

We are only beginning to understand how to maintain clean clocking on digital connections, it is of paramount importance to SQ.

antigrunge2

The quote from DCS refers to their Bartok streamer/dac and specifically addresses the superior integrity achievable through external clocks. Likewise John Swenson, designer of the Etherregen specifically refers to improvements achievable through superior clocking. More importantly the benefits as I described in my post are clearly audible. To negate all this by postulating principle based ‘knowledge’ as a network engineer don’t impress me much. Obviously @thyname is entitled to his own view.

@thyname

I never said NOTHİNG makes a difference. What I said is most of the drivel discussed sometimes in this forum does not make a difference... like Ethernet clocking, like directional fuses bathed in rhino urine, like unobtanium stones lifting speaker cables, etc. etc. There is a difference 😄

Dude! You are on every single thread here (and God knows in how many forums) beating the same old drum