How do you know when a stereo sounds good?

When do you know your system is pleasing to listen to? How do you conclusively prove to yourself that your system sounds good to you? How do you determine that you enjoy listening to music through your stereo? Do you have a suite of measurements that removes all shadow of a doubt that you are getting good sound, sound that you enjoy? Please share.

128x128ted_denney

When you can’t wait for some down time to listen to music and have no interest in auditioning equipment that might sound better.   My current state. No pun intended

Stereo sounds good If I am engaged with the music, Engaged means, Not reading, Not typing & Not watching a movie, etc. IOW you are into it. How do I know if I'm into it? I move in time. I tap my feet in time. I play drums on my chair arm. If not Its casual which isn't a bad thing. Sometimes I have to do chores.

ted_denney,

"That people who believe stereos that sound good to them, do in fact sound good, are somehow delusional."

That is one of the most stupid things that I have read on these forums. It shows a complete misunderstanding of the way that human perception works.

Me: if a system sound's good, I know it. 

Judge upon asking to define pirnography: I know it when I see it.

Jaco upon asked what music he like's: if it's good, I like it.

Wooden Allen (movie) asked by Psychiatrist if he feel's sex is dirty: Only when done right.