SET the best?

Is SET amplification where we should all end up? I keep reading posts where people tell of their journeys from plenty power to micro power, and how amazing SET amplification is 45 set 211 set 845 set otl, and usually, ....with the right speaker. I have yet to read of anyone who has gone the other direction from SET, to High watt beast class A amps or others.
If your speakers can be driven by minimal wattage, is this the most realistic, natural sound we can achieve? versus say, 86db sensitive speakers and a 1000w amp?
Is the end result solely based on speaker pairing? circuit? tubes?

I am in the process of changing my direction in my search for realistic sound, just because, and wondering if this really is the best direction to be going.
From what I have been reading I think it may be.

What do we get with SET? What do we give up?

What's you favorite color?
hanaleimike

I'am agreed it is not good idea to use full range speakers in parallel with tweeter.

Tweeters shouldn't play anything below 10KHz.

That is the reason why most of famous producers like JBL, Harbeth, Tannoy use super tweeters with 3rd order high frequency filters.

When 2 driver play together in upper midrange up to 10KHz it leads to distortion, harsh sound, ruins soundstage, lack of smoothness and mask details.

Regards,

Alex

While researching dif 845 models,,I came across this Stereophile review from June 2021 on the LM 845

Seems I’m not the only one that gets **high** listening to a SET,, I was like , **wow, this music is like trippin on LSD..** ,,**Better I not post this comment on Audiogon, as the folks might think I’m crazy....**😜

Then I came across the Stereophile comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

buoyancy and a high-contrast vividness that some listeners refer to as psychedelic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The comment can be read in its context page 1 near the bottom

Posted wayyyy back in 2009...48,800 views, 187 comments.

folks just dont GET IT

Very few really understand what high fidelity really truly is

😫😉🙄

SET will always and forever be for a  select,,, aka The Chosen Few...

Reference bible quote. 

And yes we are special

@mozartfan  Since you are researching...take a look at New Audio Frontiers (mainly parallel options) and Audion UK (single ended and parallel options).

@ david_ten

Oh indeed, wow factor off the charts.

Here is a  review of the NAF 845

Note what the reviewer says.

I guess most of us appreciate transparent amps. But it comes at a price - you will hear which part of the chain that’s not up to the standards. Meaning new speakers, cables or source components. On the other hand when all things are well-matched music just flows and nothing can stop it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Which is my above comment about matching a  SET witha  equal performance speaker.

SET s are magical, Speaker needs be same  level of magic.

PP amps, ahhh just about any old speaker will be acceptable.

SETs is a  whole nother amplifie.

which  demand super high fidelity speakers, 

= Not even 1 tiny flaw/distortion , nada, same level of purity equal to the SETs purity.

Which goes back to my mantra

**Speakers are everything*

I can find dozens of excellent  SHF SET amps

But can I find dozens of SHF speakers  which are worthy to be  paired with a  SET?

https://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=set&m=64265