Where the heck are all these manufacturers coming from!

After being out of the HiFi hobby for about 15 years, covid lock down found me playing with some of my stored equipment. After being in the HiFi business for over 40 years, I though I knew who all the players were. A few forums, such as this, and a subscription to Stereoplile has me scratching my head over the plethora of super highend HiFi manufactures that I've never heard of and the unlimited number of inexpensive Chinese HiFi products. Near every day that I peruse these forums or YouTube channels I'm introduced to yet another amp, preamp, DAC, speaker manufacturer I never heard of.

And the prices.....Folks throw around recommendations for $10,000 and much more products with abandon. I just recently saw a 3.5" jumper cable for $39,000 and an 8' piece of speaker wire for $59,000.........I guess I should have stayed in the business instead of retiring!

rbertalotto

If the coins are pre 1965 there 90% silver not counting collectabillity.Way more than face value.     

@oldhvymec I work in the 925 area, I'm going to come see you sometime to check out your green thumb lol. 

I prefer to buy from domestic manufacturers that sell direct to the consumer. I have found a few of the manufacturers in this forum and a few others by just doing the research on my own. 

A lot of wonderful, relatively new manufacturers are coming out of Eastern European countries - Serbia, Slovenia, Poland, etc etc... I've got an Auris Nirvana tube headphone amp from Serbia...