How do you know when a stereo sounds good?

When do you know your system is pleasing to listen to? How do you conclusively prove to yourself that your system sounds good to you? How do you determine that you enjoy listening to music through your stereo? Do you have a suite of measurements that removes all shadow of a doubt that you are getting good sound, sound that you enjoy? Please share.

128x128ted_denney

+1 point each time I have to stop typing because the vocals demand my full attention

+1 point each time my foot involuntary taps the rhythm

+1 point goosebumps

+1 point all thoughts outside the music are ceased

-1 point each time I think "is VTA correct?"

+3 points when an album urges a segue (e.g. Listening now to Lowell George - "Can't Stand The Rain". The horns are hitting hard, begging me to grab my copy of Van Morrison - It's Too Late to Stop Now

-3 points each time my brain switches into "critical listening" mode, when I focus on descriptors like how deep is the soundstage vs. relaxing and focusing on the performers playing together

-5 points each time I think "what's on tv?"

@ted_denney even all that is more "measury" than I want to get. The more I want to do math and measure, that's evidence that I'm enjoying the music less. That's your job ;-)

Cheers,

Spencer

Post removed 

With this thread, the OP proves that there is indeed such a thing as a stupid question.

Personally, I don't care at all about measurements - I'm the one doing the listening, not a device of some kind. I guess what I listen for when comparing systems to see which I prefer, I probably listen for the bass first, to see if it sounds tight and controlled but still with a physical presence to it.... 

Do you have a suite of measurements that removes all shadow of a doubt that you are getting good sound, sound that you enjoy?

Define "measurements".

Juries often have been known to ask the judge what is meant by "beyond reasonable doubt". Given the answer to my previous question, then what is "removes all shadow of doubt"?

Is there an assumption that I enjoy only a good sound?  Which also may require asking what is a good sound, and this is a personal preference.  I know different reviewers are sometimes quite truthful about the sound they prefer, given a choice.

Or maybe @roxy54 is correct and we ought to perhaps call it out for what it is.