Where the heck are all these manufacturers coming from!

After being out of the HiFi hobby for about 15 years, covid lock down found me playing with some of my stored equipment. After being in the HiFi business for over 40 years, I though I knew who all the players were. A few forums, such as this, and a subscription to Stereoplile has me scratching my head over the plethora of super highend HiFi manufactures that I've never heard of and the unlimited number of inexpensive Chinese HiFi products. Near every day that I peruse these forums or YouTube channels I'm introduced to yet another amp, preamp, DAC, speaker manufacturer I never heard of.

And the prices.....Folks throw around recommendations for $10,000 and much more products with abandon. I just recently saw a 3.5" jumper cable for $39,000 and an 8' piece of speaker wire for $59,000.........I guess I should have stayed in the business instead of retiring!

rbertalotto

You better wait till the close out sales coming in January.....you will save plenty. 

Somehow I suspect the majority of ppl (almost exclusively men and some of it bought for them) that buy the super expensive stuff aren't on this forum and don't know if their stuff sounds found. All a bragging and d*** measuring contest. 

Heavy, listen to thecarpathian the numismatist and take them to a coin dealer. One bag at a time, every two days for however many years. Among those million coins you could probably assemble a valuable collection of rarities on top of face value. Geeky kids will gladly inventory coin bags all day long.

Heavy, TheCarpathian is 100%. I note that each year you are "too lazy" to cash in those coins, you lose %/points on inflation.

Now back to the program...

@oldhvymec ...+, got your back..I'll buy new only if it's not insane for the benefit it taunts 'n teases...otherwise, broke in and hung up wet.  Or not at all...

Gotta watch that rabid rabbit food....hard to tell what's in it, unless you're a paranoid chemist on a rant 'n rave...*s*  Don't seem the sort....

Agree with your %ages....my space is my worst issue, only saving grate for me is surrounding self with Walsh.  Playing with the space within is my deviate behaviour for the time being.

Coin vs. chance....how much is 'x' worth vs. a lotto tix.  Place your bet. ;)

Spouses with longevity are hard to find I find...they're happy to note when you're boring, biased, blase', and have told that joke enough to waste the stone you thought you carved in it...  Keeps the chassis grounded and the shorts down.

Did lamb vs. the basic bird, has more 'legs' and shorter in the rotter.
Don't think I could cope with turkey ice cream, even the thought of...

17m$aires...audiostyles and those who create them are on the same path as too many of 'us' populace in general.  Pick your pleasure and preference at the price you want to apply to itch with your scratch. *g*
I amuse my muse with that does at the dose I determine.  Happy with the solution most of the while, Listening to what it does...

...until the wild hare offs me off to somewhere Else. ;)

Oh, here...have some 'fun'...