Bluesound Node (2021) PS upgrade to Teddy Pardo; is it worth it?

Hi guys, 

I was toying with upgrading my Bluesound Node (2021) power supply with the Teddy Pardo upgrade kit; around £400 with shipping to UK.

I was wondering if anyone here has done this, and was there a significant improvement to SQ?

I don't use the DAC in my Node, I use a Denafrips Ares II; with this in mind, would the TP upgrade be worth the money, or would I be better off putting the money aside and going for an upgrade to the Node further down the line i.e. a dedicated, stand alone streamer?

Thanks very much
128x128painter24

Added a Teddy Pardo to my RME DAC and it made a noticeable improvement. What I noticed immediately was fuller deeper stage. Top end was more natural or relaxed and the bottom end is more extended. Doesn’t hurt using a quality power cord as well. I can’t imagine it will not make an improvement all around.

Just a heads up,

since the OP stated he was using an Aries II w/ the Node 2i.

This is Alvins [Denafrips] response.

"Coax pairing of the Node with Ares II, the 192khz was not able to decode. It could be matching/compatibility of the two devices. You may use OPT." 

@totem395 thanks for the info; do you have a link to Alvin's original post. I wonder if that's true for the Node (2021) which is what I have, not the 2i.

I'm sure I've seen the Ares II display 192khz on respective tracks/albums on Qobuz. 

Could be mistaken though

Thanks

Just had to check; thanks @totem395 , you've disturbed my evening meal 😁.

Yep, just started a 192khz on Qobuz; the Ares is displaying 48khz X4. 

Pheeeewwww 😊 one less thing to think about 🤔

some thoughts reterminate the Cullen C7 to IEC for the Pardo. I use a Kimber PK-10 on my Unitiserve Pardo LPS along w Stillpoints and an ancient VPI Magic Brick. I think this is a case where the frugality of Nobosound springs may be worthwhile…

Have fun !