Bluesound Node (2021) PS upgrade to Teddy Pardo; is it worth it?

Hi guys, 

I was toying with upgrading my Bluesound Node (2021) power supply with the Teddy Pardo upgrade kit; around £400 with shipping to UK.

I was wondering if anyone here has done this, and was there a significant improvement to SQ?

I don't use the DAC in my Node, I use a Denafrips Ares II; with this in mind, would the TP upgrade be worth the money, or would I be better off putting the money aside and going for an upgrade to the Node further down the line i.e. a dedicated, stand alone streamer?

Thanks very much
128x128painter24

@ericsch  I see on his website the price is higher for the Node2i. The PS regulation is different than the new Node.

@lowrider57

Yes, I saw that. $435 into a $600 streamer.

Do you think it is cost effective, bang for the

buck, etc.

Putting $435 linear power supply into a $600 streamer is definitely a cost effective bang for the buck.  The performance is definitely an improvement.  If you look at all the music servers vendors, they will have a significant price difference between a model with switching power and a model with linear power. 

The difference between Innous Mini and Innous Zen is about $1400.  The Zen had a linear power supply and maybe an spdif output.

Melco has a $3k difference between N100 and N10 with the N10 external linear power supply being the only practical difference.

I have attached a $600 linear power supply to a $300 Tivo Bolt (DVR) and it made a huge improvement in sound quality.  Anything linear power supply you do for the Node2/2i will be an improvement.

@ericsch 

Teddy Pardo makes outstanding power supplies. There are many threads about streaming that state the cost of high quality sound comes at a price of $2000+ . If that's true, then the Node upgrade makes sense. I'm undecided.

I've made a significant upgrade in SQ with my Node2i by adding a Cullen C7 power cord and using CAT8 ethernet from the router. Pretty inexpensive for the increased performance.