Nobsound springs - load range

I want to try out the Nobsound springs as damping footers (mainly under my mono blocks and my streamer). I ordered a first set of them and now I wonder about the amount of springs to put in for different weights of equipment.I remember one post that said it works best when 50% compressed (was it @millercarbon?).

I measured the compression of the springs, it takes ~2.5 kg per spring to compress it to 50%. Based on 50% compression target, this yields the following sweet spot configurations (only stable ones, total equipment weight):
- 3 units, 3 springs each: 22.5 kg
- 4 units, 3 springs each (or 3 units, 4 springs each): 30 kg - 4 units, 4 springs each: 40 kg
- 3 units, 6 springs each: 45 kg
- 3 units, 7 springs each: 52.5 kg
- 4 units, 6 springs each: 60 kg
- 4 units, 7 springs each: 70 kgLoad can be considerably higher than expected (somewhere I read about 36kg, which is presumably for 4 units).

Any comments?What about ~10 kg streamer, seems to be too light to compress the springs enough? Does anyone have experience with Nobsound springs under light equipment like this?
Based on your experiences: Would you even dare to put an 80kg floor standing speaker on Nobsound springs?
hm9001

The gap at the front footers is 3.5mm. The rear footers are worse as they currently have a smaller 2mm gap. If the Nobsounds require a larger gap I’ll add one spring to the rear footers which will probably get the gap up to 5mm.

When I first installed the Nobsounds, they have a large gap between the top and bottom aluminium piece but a member here advised to get them as close as possible. Check out the thread at the Tech Talk section.

@ryder I ignored that sheet and load by ear. Mine have less compression and sound best when they bounce. 

Right. Looks like there is no easy way out. I will do it by ear also. Not easy since my amp is quite heavy and it’s quite a chore to move the footers in and out.

That may explain why I felt the sound was better yesterday when the springs have less compression

Thanks for the advice.

I'm curious about this idea of using foam ear plugs with the Nobsound springs.  I assume you roll the earplugs small and insert them in the middle of each spring?  Or is the idea to put them in the holes that don't have springs in them?

And is the theory that it further damps vibrations or that it provides lateral stiffening?

FWIW I have Nobsound springs underneath my 135 lb Moabs, 7 springs in the heavier front corners and 6 in the rear corners.  It works like a charm and even though A/B testing is impossible I would say there was some improvement in detail.

In the spring and there are few different colors to. Technicolor. :-)

I'm at 390 lbs before a 2" base a 2" bronze cap (optional) and a rear cabinet modification.

Hovering at 500 lbs. I'm going with pods in three spots. The main speakers and the  TT stand. Air Ride is sure looking good.. :-)

Regards