Isoacoustics Orea vs Townshend Seismic Pod on Components

I installed a set of Isoacoustics Gaia 2s on my speakers about a month ago and was extremely pleased with them. I'm now curious about the Oreas.

My components are currently placed on a good rack with Finite Elemente Cerabase footers at the bottom of the rack. I was wondering if individual isolators such as the Orea or Seismic Pod placed under components can further improve sound quality. I've read contradictory comments about the Orea. Some say they brought an appreciable difference when placed under components such as DAC or amplifiers. Some say they bring nothing to the sound, zero difference.

I would appreciate experiences on the Isoacoustics Orea or the Townshend Seismic Pod, or the comparison between the two products. The Oreas look better than the Pods to me although the latter may be costlier.
ryder

@Ryder

Take out as many springs per foot as you can without the two metal ends touching. The fewer the springs the lower the resonance point and better the isolation.

Thanks Whipsaw. Short version. Just marvellous. The Nobsound was supposed to be used with the Naim pre/power in the 2nd system. I wasn’t expecting much from the Nobsound when they were installed in the main system since the components are already supported on a good rack with isolation feet.

The sound quality has improved after a set was installed on the amp. I have another set which I will try on the DAC later.

Good times ahead. Most importantly these things work. I will post more impressions after few days.

The current set up, front 2 footers have 5 springs each while rear 2 footers have 4 springs each. The gap at each footer is approximately 7-8 mm (Gap without load is 15 mm). I read somewhere that the optimal gap with the Solid Tech footers is 1-3 mm. The design of the Nobsound is based on the Solid Tech so the current compression of the springs in my set up is not optimal. I will need to reduce one more spring from each footer to reduce the gap.

Tonywinga, thanks for the advice. I just read your message after I posted mine above. Will reduce the springs in due time. Yes, you are correct the optimal set up is to have the two metal ends almost touching each other. 1 to 3 mm is the recommended gap between the metal ends which is very small.

Post removed