Nobsound springs - load range

I want to try out the Nobsound springs as damping footers (mainly under my mono blocks and my streamer). I ordered a first set of them and now I wonder about the amount of springs to put in for different weights of equipment.I remember one post that said it works best when 50% compressed (was it @millercarbon?).

I measured the compression of the springs, it takes ~2.5 kg per spring to compress it to 50%. Based on 50% compression target, this yields the following sweet spot configurations (only stable ones, total equipment weight):
- 3 units, 3 springs each: 22.5 kg
- 4 units, 3 springs each (or 3 units, 4 springs each): 30 kg - 4 units, 4 springs each: 40 kg
- 3 units, 6 springs each: 45 kg
- 3 units, 7 springs each: 52.5 kg
- 4 units, 6 springs each: 60 kg
- 4 units, 7 springs each: 70 kgLoad can be considerably higher than expected (somewhere I read about 36kg, which is presumably for 4 units).

Any comments?What about ~10 kg streamer, seems to be too light to compress the springs enough? Does anyone have experience with Nobsound springs under light equipment like this?
Based on your experiences: Would you even dare to put an 80kg floor standing speaker on Nobsound springs?
hm9001

I'm trying the Nobsounds under my preamps right now.  First, I got the cheaper plastic ones to try because the aluminum ones were not available. I had to use two springs per corner and wrap the springs with Teflon tape to stop the squeaking.  They worked but the resonance point was 8 Hz.  I just got the aluminum ones a few days ago.  They are much nicer.  I found that I could use just one spring per corner now and got the resonance down to 4 Hz. They are effective isolators.  With one spring per corner I have roughly 0.200" gap or travel left.  The springs in the nobsounds will not deform if you go closed coil and since this is a static application working height/load is not an issue.  Just maintain some clearance or they cannot isolate.  I believe the ideal resonance is 3 Hz for the most effective isolation.  

After installing the Nobsound springs under 4 feet of the component, I found the degree of compression at all 4 corners to be dissimilar. The gap of the springs at the front appears to be smaller than the rear. This may suggest that the component is heavier at the front thus causing higher compression to the Nobsound springs placed at the front. Lighter weight at the rear thus less compression resulting in a larger gap of the springs placed at the rear of the component.

Is it advisable to remove one spring from footers with larger gaps to compensate for the uneven weight distribution of the component?

Yes you are looking for even compression on all spring pods. You can use a level too you know.. Just like a fence post.. I woulds also make sure the top, bottom and springs are completely installed.. The springs can get hung in the bore a little..

I've used a few now, they are well made but they aren't perfect. :-) Step on them after you get your spring count right. Ear plugs in the springs too, Just a little nugget..

Regards

Thanks for the prompt response. Will look into it now. I've just removed one spring each from the rear footers and the gap looks even now.  Will do some manual compression after you have made the suggestion.

Right, I need some advice. No matter how I adjust the number of springs at all 4 footers, the gap between the top and bottom metal pieces of the two footers located at the front will not be the same as the two footers at the rear.

Current Setup

Two Nobsound footers at the front = 3 springs

Gap between top and bottom metal pieces = 3.5 mm

Two Nobsound footers at the rear = 2 springs

Gap between top and bottom metal pieces = 2 mm

Question : Is it better to add one more spring to both footers at the rear or remove one spring from the front footers? I have checked the levels with a spirit level. There is no issue with the leveling. The uneven gap is caused by uneven weight distribution of the component which is heavier at the front and lighter at the rear.

The gap between the metal pieces of the front footers will not be the same as the rear footers no matter how the adjustments are carried out.

I would appreciate any advice.