Anyone here own Elac Vela SF 409?

Looking to purchase these in January. 

They appear to tick all the boxes (sufficiently tall with drivers located in upper half of cabinet, no rear port, smooth high end, rated down to 28Hz, WAF acceptable, not too heavy).

Reviews tend to be very positive but as there's little mention of them, here, I'm 

wondering whether they have flaws I've yet to read about.

but as they never seem to be mentioned here, I'm wondering if they have flaws I've yet to hear about. 

stuartk

we are an elac dealer the vela line is solid the adantes were a failure for a number of reasons not really related to sound the bookshelves were too large and the floor standers were not that much better then the monitors, 

Add to that the  adantes were voiced a bit forward and were physically heavy and hard to ship is why theywere discontinued.

the vellas are amoung our favorite  sub 2k monitors

great detail without being too forward , a clean midrange and a huge sound-stage

they are great 

Dave and Troy

Audio intellect NJ

Elac Dealers

@audiotroy:

Thanks, but  I'm planning to buy the Vela FS 409 floor-standers.

What is your opinion of those??????? 

I allready gave you that we sell those speakers 

The info on the adapter was to dispel the idea that rhere was something wrong with the brand

@audiotroy:

I apologize if I misunderstood. I can be a bit too literal at times in communication, so when I read this:

"the vellas are amoung our favorite  sub 2k monitors

great detail without being too forward , a clean midrange and a huge sound-stage

they are really great",

I assumed you were speaking exclusively about the monitors and not the floor-standers as well.  I do appreciate your input.