VAC and Kevin Hayes are totally unresponsive. What's up with that?

The VAC Rennaissance Signature is the best preamp I've owned, and I've had some really good ones over the years.

Because I like the preamp so much, I tried to contact Kevin Hayes at VAC and inquired about possible factory upgrades to the unit.

I sent the serial number, then he replied and asked for top-off photos, so he could determine which version I owned. I sent photos and then nothing...

Every 2-3 weeks, I sent a polite, follow-up emails and heard nothing. This has been going on since the first week of September...

At this point, even if anyone at VAC ever did reply, I might be reluctant to send   them my preamp for fear that they'd have it for months and months and months or that I'd never hear from them again.

Anyone else have problems with getting in touch with VAC?

Thank.

kolledog

I've called VAC several times and they are awesome. Maybe you are going to spam? TMaybe they have an old tube based answering machine a dial up.

Lots of threads here on Agon about poor customer service at VAC. Sorry for your troubles

he is getting older now, maybe slowing down a touch, like many of the stalwarts who established hi end hifi from the 70’s

it has been a couple years, prior to covid, since i have reached out to kevin hayes for help or advice on his gear, but when i have over the years, i was always able to reach him personally by phone, and he was always gracious and most generous with his time and thoughtfulness

there is a pandemic going on worldwide, lots of small businesses are really struggling, with loss of employees, low sales etc etc... i would hope the op would understand this and have patience before blowing his/her lid over what is by all measures a very high class ’problem’ 😉

Today's posts are depressing, lots of worries about how people are unfairly treated and looking for solutions. Well, the 20th century is behind us, gen X is about to run the show now. Customer service is mainly nonexistent no matter what you are shopping for. Probably comes from a lack of personal communication skills as we no longer actually talk to eachother but simply let our fingers do the talking. Cold way to resolve anything if you ask me. Welcome to the 21st century.

VAC was at Capital Audio Fest so maybe they have just been flat out.  I don't know if you've ever been an exhibitor at an audio show but it takes months of prep.  Try them through FaceBook or Instagram maybe there's some firewall issue.  I hate social media but most companies monitor their presence on the web