Preamp:...Add A Pass-Through For Home Theater

I have a DAC/preamp that I'm using for 2-channel.  I'd like to use the front speakers in this setup for my home theater...but there is no designated home theater pass-through in the DAC/preamp.  Can I use/designate a pair of RCA inputs from the DAC/preamp and route them to the Left and Right front channel inputs on the processor?  I'd really like to not have another separate two front speakers in this setup.

128x128mitch4t

If your preamp has a good quality volume control there's really no need for a home theater bypass. @reubent is correct.

rebuent is right on setup wrong on volume  you use an spl meter and set the vol on the fronts dac preamp to match the other channels.

@audiotroy  - That is only correct if you do not use the auto-setup routine on the HT processor. If the processor has auto-setup, the processor will set the volume for the front L&R speakers. No need to use an SPL meter. As long as one always sets the volume control to the same "known position", the volume will be matched to the other speakers, as set by the auto-setup routine.

This is what happens when Troy gets access to the internet.  He’s an absolute mess.