The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

oregonpapa,

Frank, or for that matter anyone,  have you tried the NPS-1260 on the purple fuse?

ozzy

ozzy ...

No, I haven't. I have a couple of tubes of TC left and haven't tried that either. I know that some folks here are using the NPS-1260 and like it a lot. The problem is, I have TC everywhere except for the new fuses. 

Frank

I am in the same situation as Frank with TC everywhere and a tube stash. Been helping someone with their system who if he follows through and sends me his leftovers I might try NPS-1260. Until then, as best I have been able to determine it is a knock-off of an earlier version of TC with the main difference being the carrier. TC was in paste form that dried to a thin inert film. NPS remains oily, and this oil may or may not prove to be a long term problem. 

In any case the active ingredients are similar enough it should work both on physical contact points as well as coated over the outsides of things like fuses. As I have said before many of these fuses have active ingredients added to the outside. The gray blob on Synergistic, the little bits of adhesive on QSA. Coating with NPS or TC work similarly. Just be careful to leave a gap or you may wind up with a short!

millercarbon,

I don’t see how its possible to get a short if more of the fuse is coated. But, I agree that to maintain the little stick on substances on the fuses it probably should not have anything else coated on them.

PS. Frank, millercarbon, I dont think the 2 products are similiar at all.

ozzy

People generally don't "hear" fuses because there is simply nothing to hear.  Fuses can't and won't change the sound of any component, which explains why the vast majority of audio geeks and component manufacturers don't care about them. "Facial expressions"...that's actually pretty funny...