The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

NOTE: always check that your dealer honors the 30-day no-risk money back guarantee and if not, choose a different dealer.

Yes, I should have made it clear that some dealers such as Parts Connexion in Canada does not have a 30-day no-risk money back guarantee on items they sell even if the items bought has a 30-day no-risk money back guarantee from the original manufacture.

Thank you Ted for the clarification.

mijostyn ...

Your post was unbelievably insulting to Ted and your fellow A’goners who are enjoying SR fuses.

Mike ... You have a beautiful system. Your Soundlab speakers are among my all-time favorites. All of your components are top-notch. Your woodworking skills are terrific. You have even made a beautiful wood clamp for your turntable.

Now then, that brings up a question about the credibility of your post regarding the efficacy of after-market fuses.

If you can hear the difference between a wood record clamp and the stock one that came with your turntable, but cannot hear the difference between a stock fuse and one of the new SR Purple fuses, it tells me that you have never tried after-market fuses, including the new Purple fuse from SR.

An apology is in order here for Ted and we lowly, unwashed members out here in bumkin-land.
Man up, dude.

Frank

@cleeds +1

I've successfully used Acme, HiFi tuning, and Synergistic fuses. I've got nearly 200 hours on my Synergistic Purple. In my system, in my opinion, to my ears with nearly 40 years in this hobby, the Purple fuse is one of the most cost effective improvements I've experienced. 

It's rank hubris for mijostyn to suggest that I don't know what I'm hearing. And those of you who think that blind ab testing has anything to do with how people actually listen to music, please spare me the tired psycho-babble about self delusion. 

Hi Frank,

Wow, when I first stumbled upon Audiogon I was struck how such nasty comments were coming from middle aged men (which is a misnomer). Or should I say men who are closer to there end times in age and bully others like spoiled children with nothing else better to do.

You would think as we get older we have learned to treat each other with old school courtesies and respect. The same courtesies and respect that we have tried to teach our kids.

Some say you should ignore comments like that. I could not.

That was probably one of the lowest things I’ve seen here yet. Not only will I be buying SR Purp(le) fuse(s), I also will be buying some of Ted’s other products as well. Such as his power cords.

With so many hobbies to choose from, I do not understand why people who cannot hear the difference between most things in a stereo choose High End audio as a hobby in the first place. I mean if you can’t trust your own ears, how do you know a pair of Wilson speakers sounds any better than a Bose Wave Radio? Or if human hearing is so insensitive that it can’t discern differences in what it is that makes up a stereo, why spend good money on a high-end stereo in the first place? And what I have the greatest difficulty understanding, is why people who don’t hear differences care about what people think who do hear differences. When did we become a society bent on making those whose opinions are different from ours conform to our way of thinking? It's very odd.

Yours in music,

Ted Denney III Lead designer/CEO, Synergistic Research Inc.