The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa
Post removed 

Ted, you should be ashamed of yourself. In blinded AB tests none of these people would be able to tell any difference from one fuse to another or even a unit that wires past the fuse.

You certainly state that emphatically, just as you do when you describe how something will sound based solely on looking at a picture of it. But how can you be sure you’re right? Have you actually conducted the blind tests you mention? Have you actually listened to any of the SR fuses? If you haven’t, how can you possibly tell Ted he should be ashamed of himself?

All honest people can do it point out the scams when they occur ...

I'm guessing you're assuming the cloak of honesty for yourself, right? If so, Mr. Honest Person, what will you be doing to stop the scam? Will you file a report with a consumer regulatory agency? Initiate a court action? Have an attorney issue a cease-and-desist order? Or will you simply be satisfied to wag an accusing finger at Ted as you lecture us on integrity?

NOTE: always check that your dealer honors the 30-day no-risk money back guarantee and if not, choose a different dealer.

Yes, I should have made it clear that some dealers such as Parts Connexion in Canada does not have a 30-day no-risk money back guarantee on items they sell even if the items bought has a 30-day no-risk money back guarantee from the original manufacture.

Thank you Ted for the clarification.

mijostyn ...

Your post was unbelievably insulting to Ted and your fellow A’goners who are enjoying SR fuses.

Mike ... You have a beautiful system. Your Soundlab speakers are among my all-time favorites. All of your components are top-notch. Your woodworking skills are terrific. You have even made a beautiful wood clamp for your turntable.

Now then, that brings up a question about the credibility of your post regarding the efficacy of after-market fuses.

If you can hear the difference between a wood record clamp and the stock one that came with your turntable, but cannot hear the difference between a stock fuse and one of the new SR Purple fuses, it tells me that you have never tried after-market fuses, including the new Purple fuse from SR.

An apology is in order here for Ted and we lowly, unwashed members out here in bumkin-land.
Man up, dude.

Frank

@cleeds +1

I've successfully used Acme, HiFi tuning, and Synergistic fuses. I've got nearly 200 hours on my Synergistic Purple. In my system, in my opinion, to my ears with nearly 40 years in this hobby, the Purple fuse is one of the most cost effective improvements I've experienced. 

It's rank hubris for mijostyn to suggest that I don't know what I'm hearing. And those of you who think that blind ab testing has anything to do with how people actually listen to music, please spare me the tired psycho-babble about self delusion.