The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa
Post removed 
andypandy

"Thanks for that very in-depth analysis Frank, but it doesn’t tell me the shift in overhaul tonality if your system becomes more etched or darker, etc."

Andy ... We are talking about moving beyond "etched or darker," and moving into the realm of "real" here. I mean, reach out and touch them, real.

And what’s worrying is 50 to 100 to a break-in, by that time for me it’s too late to send back for a refund if I don’t like it/them, not prepared to take the gamble on that one."

Read the comments in this thread. We are talking about comparing the SR Orange fuses with the SR Purple fuses. The Orange fuses are really good in their own right, and the SR Purple fuses take them to a new level. If you are using stock fuses at this point, you will not be sending the SR Purple fuses back. Like any audio component, they take some time to sound their best, but that, by no means, is saying that they are slackers out of the box.

What are you using for fuses presently? Also, I’d be interested to know what your system consists of, and if you’ve tried any other "tweaks" that have worked for you. Perhaps we can garner some new ideas from you that would help other members here.

Thanks ...

Frank

And what’s worrying is 50 to 100 to break in, by that time for me it’s too late to send back for refund if I don’t like it/them, not prepared to take the gamble on that one. Thanks

Andy, Depending on where and how many fuses you want to use, you can put your transport/dac or and old cd player on repeat to play a cd over and over for anywhere up to 24 hours a day which would in no time at all burn in the fuse(s). Just make sure your sytem is on with the volume turned down low when not doing your regular listening.

Hope this helps

Actually just having your system turned on, or even the single component you are re-fusing left on (it is always a good idea change only one component fuse at a time until you determine correct fuse directionality) is sufficient in most cases to burn in a fuse, no music necessary. It is paramount however that you first determine correct fuse orientation on a fuse-by-fuse basis before placing in the next fuse in your system and again listening in both directions where the correct directionality should be readily appertains as more air and detail. If switching from a prior SR fuse model like Orange start Purple in the same direction, if it does not sound immediately better in most ways simply reverse the Purple fuse direction. Due to a new conditioning process, purple fuses may not always perfectly mirror the same orientation as prior SR Fuses. After determining the correct directionality for one or more fuses leave your system turned on to speed realization of best performance. 

Yours in music,

Ted Denney III Lead Designer/CEO Synergistic Research Inc.

Post removed