Experiences by Owners of Lyngdorf Integrated Amps using the Room Correct feature

I am still thinking about upgrading my main system, and have seen a number of reviews on the Lyngdorf all in one type of integrated amps that have their Room Correction capability.

https://hifiheaven.net/shop/Lyngdorf-TDAI-2170-Fully-Digital-Integrated-Stereo-Amplifier-with-HDMI-USB-XLR-in-Open-Box

I would like to ask users/owners of the Lyngdorfs to share their experiences, and whether the room correction feature really improved the sound of their system., and please try to describe how the sound was improved.

Please tell about your speakers and say something about the room conditions. I don’t have a particularly difficult room but I am wondering how much added value this feature brings.

My speakers are Epos M22 floorstanders, which I really enjoy (for many years now), and I also have a Velodyne sub that I use at times.

troidelover1499

I tried this amp with a pair of Devore Nines and Verity Parsifals and I ended up not keeping it. The Lyngdorf chapter of my hifi life made me realize that when a group of motivated and well intentioned individuals start an audio thread about the greatest thing ever- run the other way fast. I don't know if the threads still exist but they were selling up to $50,000 worth of tube gear and celebrating audio ecstasy over this thing. 

You shouldn't take my word, or let me discourage you because I'm just one person. Others will hopefully chime in with more positive impresssions. I found it dull and lacking engagement. I was told I didn't let it break in long enought, I needed to leave it on 24/7, I needed certain cables, etc, etc.

I'll also share that one of the best way to use these forums it to message a user that own it. Look at those threads and send a message- introduce yourself and ask about it.   

Good luck. Please share results. 

I remember auditioning a Lyngdorf room-correcting integrated at a high end store in L.A.'s Fairfax district. It did image well, but in the end it didn't make me want to part with my Primaluna.  If I remember correctly, it didn't sound quite as luxurious as I wanted it to sound.

What @bjesien is not understanding is all of audio is subjective and our experiences will differ. So many variables are at play such as, but not limited to:

- personal sonic preferences

- total system synergy

- room differences

- attention or lack of attention to the details of assimilating a new piece of gear into an existing system

- attention to the details of ancillary gear such as footers, cabling etc...

The 2170 is a wonderful piece of gear that can indeed sound wonderful in many systems and to many people. There have been many reviewers and owners that have shared their positive experiences so we know this is fact. Others did not realize the same outcome. Good to hear from all people and experiences. No need to "run" from folks sharing positive results. No need to "run" from folks like @bjesien with negative results. Frankly, we should do the opposite and learn from it all.

Just because one person’s experience with a piece of gear is negative does not mean the other positive experiences are somehow not valid or worth listening to. Too many reasons behind why we may have differing experiences with the same piece of gear.

Yes we music lovers and audiophiles do buy new gear over time and enjoy sharing our experiences. I liked my 2170 over the 4.5 years I owned one. I now own a wonderful new Circle Labs A200 that I am enjoying greatly.  As the years go by audiophiles do move on and buy new gear.