Help Please:Upgrade Coax cable between Node 2i and Chord Qutest..?

Hi,

I have a Bluesound Node 2i going to a Chord Qutest (with Teddy Pardo LPS) feeding a Belles Aria Signature Int amp driving Dynaudio S-40s.

I use a DH Labs digital Coax/SPDIF cable between Node and Qutest.
It is .5M and was $120 new.

MY QUESTION: 

Sticking to a budget of $300-$500 new or used, would I expect to hear sonic benefits from an "upgraded" coax cable?
If so, what would you suggest I look at?

(Not looking for a USB v Optical v Coax rabbit hole please...;-)

Thanks,
Ian
ianrmack

Looked at a Node 2i, but went for a Project Stream Box S2 Ultra, finally replacing my MacBook Pro. Didn’t need a Dac included.

Use a Mad Scientist Black Magic USB through a USB/SPIDF reclocker, with the Black Cat Silverstar.

The best thing to do is try a few.  I have had very good luck with Clarus.  The Crimson lists for $540 for .5M and is tremendous besting the Kimber and AQ cables I have here and is my new reference but only you can tell if you swap it into your system.  

PM Me if you want to demo it.  

NEVER has there been a written audition or test that shows how a Node is bettered by a higher $ streamer unless it is pimped with an LPS

Not true. Darko did a comparison and found the Node lacking versus better streamers from Innuos, etc. No getting around it — EVERYTHING matters in streaming just as in audio in general.

As for a digital cable, I’d recommend trying this for 60 bucks and if it doesn’t best your DHLabs cable just return it.  I prefer it to other higher-priced cables and find it to be very natural sounding without sacrificing detail, and it might save you some $$$.  If you try it, do pay attention to the directional arrows, which are faint and hard to see but very important. 

https://smile.amazon.com/Geistnotes-Apogee-Wyde-Cable-WE-RR/dp/B01N5VXVA1/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3ICJ6UOWULMIW&keywords=apogee+wyde+eye+cable&qid=1636645697&sprefix=Apogee+wyd%2Caps%2C184&sr=8-3

@ianrmack - Zavfino cables are extremely well designed and fabricated and use top quality copper, which should noticeably improve things.

Also, to improve the performance of your Node 2i get a Zavfino power cable - you might need an adapter also

Bluesound products really start to excell if you couple them with really good cables - the thepoint where you can get rid of the Chord

Regards - Steve

I can attest to @williewonka comments regarding upgrading the power cord with Zavfino power cables, as I did just that this week, replacing the stock cable with a Zavfino Fina https://zavfinousa.com/collections/power-cables/products/fina-occ-power-cable-14awg with an adaptor plug from Wireworld.  I immediately benefitted from a larger sounstage, increased transparency, bloom and dynamics.   It really made a significant difference and I highly recommend it.