Bluesound Node (2021) PS upgrade to Teddy Pardo; is it worth it?

Hi guys, 

I was toying with upgrading my Bluesound Node (2021) power supply with the Teddy Pardo upgrade kit; around £400 with shipping to UK.

I was wondering if anyone here has done this, and was there a significant improvement to SQ?

I don't use the DAC in my Node, I use a Denafrips Ares II; with this in mind, would the TP upgrade be worth the money, or would I be better off putting the money aside and going for an upgrade to the Node further down the line i.e. a dedicated, stand alone streamer?

Thanks very much
128x128painter24

I have recent experience with Teddy Pardo power supplies.  If you are going to use Blusound for a transport only with Denfrips as a DAC, then the Teddy Pardo is just fine.  However, I don't think Teddy Pardo is that great for analog device (such as DAC or preamp).  This is due to the types of main power supply caps it uses (Cornell SLPX) and the regulator circuit itself. 

For a digital transport power supply, it is very good and will defintely be an improvement over the stock Bluesound switching power supply.

Anybody know what the cost is of the upgrade kit from the manufacturer in Poland? I think they offer LPS.

@auxinput 

Please explain the issue with the Pardo regulator circuit. He specifically  mentions it on his website.

My opinions are all based on listening.  I can't really give you a good "engineering description" of why I'm not getting the best sound from Teddo Pardo on analog components.  Sorry.

I don't want to discourage you with my comment.  The Teddy Pardo is a great product and if do the Teddo Pardo upgrade to your Bluesound, it will definitely be a significant upgrade in sound quality. 

At £400, it will be money well spent.  You would have to spend upwards of £3,000 to get a better dedicated streamer with good linear power supply and clocks (such as Aurender or Auralic).